Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Unsmiling Kim Kardashian shows the strain of divorce from Kris Humphries as she insists: 'I DID marry for love'



After the shock announcement of her divorce, Kim Kardashian has obviously decided work is the best way to cope with her troubles and today headed to the launch of her handbag range.

However the 31-year-old reality star looked tired and strained as she posed for photographers in Sydney, Australia.

Unsmiling Kim wore a patterned dress and black cape as she attended the launch of the Kardashian Kollection at Hugo's department store.

Kim's public appearance came just hours after she posted a statement on her official website insisting that despite sceptics dismissing the marriage as a 'hoax', she did marry for love.

She told fans: 'I married for love. I can’t believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show!'

'I believed in love and the dream of what I wanted so badly. I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn’t get off when now I know I probably should have.

'I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.'


Kim also said in the statement that ending her marriage to Kris Humphries was not an easy decision to make.
She wrote: 'I’m being honest here and I hope you respect my courage because this isn’t easy to go through. But I do know that I have to follow my heart. 

'I never had the intention of hurting anybody and I accept full responsibility for my actions and decisions, and for taking everyone on this journey with me. It just didn’t turn out to be the fairy tale I had so badly hoped for.'

Kim also addressed claims she has made money from the wedding, which was shown on celebrity TV channel E!.
She wrote: 'There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this.

'I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation.'

Kim is thought to be donating $200,000 to the charity.


Her remarks follow claims made by her mother that Kim didn't make any money from the marriage.

Kris Jenner, 55, took to the airwaves today to defend her daughter amid mounting speculation the 'fairy tale wedding' was nothing but a publicity stunt to boost the Kardashian coffers. 

The event reportedly generated a staggering £18million in magazine and television deals, plus endorsements.

But Jenner claims Kim shelled out millions of dollars of her own and 'didn't earn a dime'.

The mother of six and manager of her family brand found time to discuss the debacle while plugging her new book, Kris Jenner... And All Things Kardashian, on the Johnjay and Rich In The Morning radio show today.
Addressing reports that the lavish Montecito nuptials on August 20 saw Kim earn a fortune, Jenner said: 'The one thing that is the most annoying is the rumour that she made millions off of this wedding.

'She didn’t make a dime and, actually, spent millions of dollars on the wedding  - so it’s not something that she thought would ever not be happily ever after.'

Kim filed for divorce from Kris Humphries yesterday after just 72 days of marriage.

Their short union has drawn criticism far and wide, from fellow celebrities to Twitter users convinced the entire wedding was a cynical business endeavour.

Sources close to Kim and Kris have also revealed the nuptials were a hoax, according to RadarOnline.com.
But Jenner insisted she was proud of her daughter for making such a 'difficult' decision.

She went on: 'Kim had to make a very difficult, grown-up decision. She needed to do that on her own.

'She’s not a five-year-old girl, she’s a 30-year-old woman (Kim is actually 31) and right now Kim needs support from her mom today.'

Jenner added that she wished Kim had tried counselling before severing ties.

She said: 'I met and married Bruce in five months and it is 20 years later and we’re still going strong and I think that obviously I feel that way about marriage because it has it’s ups and downs.'

But she added: '(Kim's) not the first person in the world to get a divorce, and she won't be the last. She just happens to be a very public person with a couple of television shows on the air so it makes it bigger than life.'


source: dailymail

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl