Friday, April 13, 2012

Justin Bieber Reveals His Five Key 'Boyfriend' Tips And Talks New Video


Justin Bieber MTV


The countdown is on to Justin Bieber's next album release, Believe. And if the response to the album's first single, "Boyfriend," is any indication, the record's appeal might span far beyond the realm of his devoted Beliebers.

"The reaction's been great [to 'Boyfriend']; not only have I got good reactions from my fans, but great reactions from people who, you know, [might not usually listen to my music]. I've gotten messages like 'You know, I never would have listened to Justin and now I love this song,' " he explained to MTV News. "So, it's really great feedback."

It's that kind of enthusiasm that Bieber is taking with him as he works on the record in its final stages. He's already hit the studio with folks like Drake, will.i.am, Diplo and Usher and is just chugging along before he has to wrap up and send it out into the world.

"There's not a confirmed release date. It's this summer. I'm really happy with the outcome of it so far," he said. "I mean, we're almost done. We're just kind of putting the finishing touches on it. It should be good."

But before then, fans will have to satisfy their appetites with the Colin Tilley-directed "Boyfriend" video, which should drop in the near future. Unfortunately, the visual won't mirror the single's choice lyrics, "I could be your Buzz Lightyear/ Fly across the globe."

"No, no, I won't be dressed up as Buzz Lightyear," he said. "I think there's some copyright issues, I can't use that."

Bieber also gave MTV a few 'Boyfriend' tips of his very own, saying: "I don't know if I'm even the best boyfriend, but I can give a few suggestions."

Well, after taking a second to get his tips together, Selena Gomez's beau had timeless advice for any clueless fellas out there: "I think being honest and patient, because girls can be tough sometimes, so you just got to be patient. That's two," he explained. "Forgive, and have fun, because it's about having fun."

So, what was Bieber's final piece of advice? "Last one?" he said. "Be faithful."

In addition to those five simple steps, Bieber recently dished to Seventeen magazine about another one of his dating philosophies. "I'm just trying to make [Selena] happy, that's all," he shared. "I think it's important to make all women feel like they're princesses, because every girl is a princess. I'm serious."


source: MTV.ca

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl